What is the standard rail height?
Horizontal Rail: Finished floor to top of rail: 36”
Diagonal Rail: Finished nosing to top of rail (measured vertically): 36” (use a level)
Note: Building codes may vary. Please check current codes in your area.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of wood do you have in stock?
- Do you install, or come out to measure stairs or railings?
- Do you supply exterior railings?
- What post length do I need?
- How tall are the build-outs on the posts supposed to be?